Udaipur In Tripura – Best Attractions To See!
Udaipur is a small town at the south of the north-eastern state of Tripura. It shares its name with a city in Rajasthan but is very different in characteristics from the desert city. Udaipur is mainly known for its many temples. All the lakes in Udaipur are artificially made, and some of them are Mahadev Dighi, Dhani Sagar, Jagannath Dighi and Amar Sagar. Tourism in Udaipur, Tripura is quite active and Assam travel packages also offer great tourism ventures. They provide the finest hotels with some of the most satiating tourism packages.
Special information on Udaipur
- Udaipur is accessible both by road and by rail.
- The nearest airport is 12 kms to the north and leads on to Agartala via the Ujjyanta Palace.
- The best season to visit Udaipur is during the months of October to May.
- Assam tourism packs hugely promote this area.
Some of the worth visiting places in Udaipur
- Tripura Sundri temple or Mata Tripur Sundri or Maa Kali temple is situated at a distance of 3 kms going towards south from Udaipur town.
- The Bhubaneswari temple is a very ancient holy place, visited by people from all the sects. Near to this temple a range of Gunabati temples or the Durga temple, Mahadev temple and other several famous temples are located here.
- The Sepahijala wildlife sanctuary is about 25 kms from Agartala, covering an area of about 18.53 sq kms. It houses about 150 species of birds and the unique spectacled monkey.
- Bijoy Sagar Lake is one of the most famous and biggest lakes in Udaipur; this lake is 750 meters long. Bijoy Sagar Lake is also known as Mahadev Dighi.
- Tepania Eco Park is spread over an area of 155 hectares. This ecology park was built in the year 1995. It is located 5 kms from Udaipur. The gorgeous tree house inside is a hit among children and adults alike.
- Nazrul Granthaghar is the national library of Udaipur. It is named after the revered Bengali poet, Kazi Nazrul Islam. This is definitely a heritage place of the town.
- Neer Mahal is situated in the middle of Lake Rudrasagar. It was constructed by Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore. This lake palace was used as a summer residence for the royal family.
Udaipur is a town in the Gomati district of Tripura. It serves as its headquarters and is the third biggest city of the state. It has many artificial lakes bestowing it the name – Lake City. It is a religious place as well and one of the most profitable and popular tourist destinations of Tripura. The importance of this town started building when it was the capital of Tripura during old times, making it a must visit place when you visit Tripura.